Question

troubleshooting: automation between 2 google sheets

• 28 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Our question is about an automation- currently our company is using the most basic zapier subscription and we aren’t sure if moving up to a new tier would help us at all or if there is a way to do this on our current version. 

Here’s what we need: 

We have a google sheet where we input all company leads. We input this information manually. Then we assign the lead to an employee in the google sheet by using a dropdown menu that is one of the columns. We want to then have a seperate sheet entirely (not just a second spreadsheet within that sheet, but a whole other google sheet) for each employee. Once the lead is assigned to an employee on our main spreadsheet, we want the automation to then immediately create a duplicate row in the specific individual’s spreadsheet of who it was assigned to. Then anytime that the main spreadsheet is updated/edited, it would update/edit the individual’s spreadsheet.

Let me know if you need anymore details! Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LVER Photo, here’s how I see this being set up (just a template/base model):

• Trigger: New or Updated Spreadsheet row (teamdrive) 
  • Action: Paths by Zapier | set conditional logic. You’ll need several Zaps to do this or several steps (which do in fact require an updated subscription 😬) The conditional logic will trigger off the h assignee. 
  • Action: Create Spreadsheet | This will have to be mapped to each assignee. 

Let me know if you have any questions on this, happy to help!