Question

Trouble with multi task zap

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi There,

I put a message about the same subject yesterday and received help. 

The solution I was given hasn't seemed to work after trying a few different things.

I will try to explain the best I can.

For these steps in the Zap we use 

-ActiveCampaign

-Thinkific

-We use Active Campaign as our CRM and on there we have email automation chains

-through one of the emails in the chain we provide a link to a website (Thinkific) where people can sign up

-If someone signs up in thinkific through that link we want there contact to be removed from that email chain they were in.

-We would like there email to be removed from the automation email chain when they sign up to thinkific and not only after they have Purchased the first free course.

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Be The GOAT 

Good question.

Which Thinkific Zap trigger event are you trying to use for the “sign up”?

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, So I was advised to use the new full enrolment as the zap trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Be The GOAT!

Thanks for the great detail in your question! If you’d like the Zap to trigger when someone creates a Thinkific account, the best trigger to use would be New User. You could then use a Find contact step to check if the new Thinkific user exists in Active Campaign. If they do, you can then remove them from the email automation. So your Zap would look like this:

1. Thinkific - New User
  2. Active Campaign - Find contact
  3. Active Campaign - Remove Contact From Automation

In the Find contact step, there is an option that asks if the step should be considered a success if nothing is found. In this case you want that to be ‘No’. That means that the Zap will stop if the new Thinkific user isn’t already in Active Campaign.

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers,

Thank you for the response. I will try that. My only question regarding that is if they already had a thinkific account it wouldn't then take them out of the automation?

So if thats the case how would they leave the automation etc. or is there a way for it to do both

so if someone signs up they get removed or if they purchase the course they also get removed.

I hope that makes some kind of sense aha 

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Be The GOAT 

That’s a good question!

You’re actually right in thinking that the trigger “New User” won’t trigger when the user already has an existing Thinkific account.

I’m thinking of other triggers like “New Full Enrollment” that will trigger when a user enrolls in your course. Or “New Order” that triggers when a new purchase has been made.

However, this would require you to create another Zap.

Let me know what you think.