Best answer

Trouble finding the field for the cancel date of a subscription

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, 

Small context : my trigger is when a subscription is cancelled in stripe, in this case I want to send the data of this cancellation in airtable, I can get the creation date but not the cancellation date, any idea how to find it ?

All I can find is the “Ended at” which is not a real date…

Thanks for your answers !!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 4 April 2023, 16:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Impala,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like the “canceled date” is being returned as a Unix timestamp. I suggest adding a formatter step after the trigger to convert Unix to a readable date.

Here’s an in-depth tutorial on how to do that:

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hello @ken.a

The formatting works well thanks, the output corresponds to the real date but when testing the action to enter the data in airtable, the date of churn is not taken into account and does not appear. Do you have any idea what this could be? Thank you for your answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Impala,

Thanks for giving that a try, and I’m glad it works well!

Before we dig deeper into this, to ensure that we have sufficient context, kindly share detailed screenshots of the Zap History data IN/OUT of the Airtable step. Please don’t/blur out include any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a  ! Thanks for responding, 

Here is my data of the airtable step : all entries work except "Date churn”. Is this the data you need ? Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Impala,

I appreciate the screenshot, but it’s not quite the screenshot that I was looking for. I apologize for the confusion. The Data IN/OUT of the Zap should be located in your Zap History: https://zapier.com/app/history

Please include the whole section of the latest Zap Run in the screenshot as well. Here’s an example:

abbfe6f2911a525eae2c099fcca70c71.png
(view larger)

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a 

There is the screen : the churn date (which one is formatted) doesnt even appear...

Thanks !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Impala,

Thanks for the screenshots!

Based on my observation, it is possible that you are using an older version of Airtable. If you are seeing a version number alongside the app name, it may indicate that you are running an outdated version of the application.

Could you please try changing the Airtable app to the latest version? Here’s how:

1. Turn off the Zap.
  2. Click on the “App & event” section of the action step.
  3. Click on “Change”.
  4. Search for Airtable.
  5. Select Airtable tagged as “Latest”.
  6. Publish the Zap, and trigger it.

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks you @ken.a , I tried but It doesn't work, I have the impression that the output of the formatted date is not transmitted to airtable. 

Im sorry to take your time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Impala,

No worries at all!

Thanks for giving that a try. One possible reason here is that the “Date churn” field on your Airtable only accepts a certain format of date. Could you please try changing the “To Format” field in the Formatter step, and match the format to the “Date creation” field.

b110e0f3c8cce44cea34d73923fd0667.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a  It works !! Thanks you very much !

Have a nice day

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Impala,

You are most welcome! I'm happy I could help you out!

If you've got any other questions, don't hesitate to drop them in the Community. We're always happy to lend a hand! 🤗