Best answer

Trigger SMS trough Keap and Calendly to send SMS reminder to contact trough Keap and Twillio one day before appointment

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi everybody! we need some help on how can we connect Calendly with Keap to send a reminder 1 day before the appointment trough Twillio?

What we want to accomplish is to trigger inside IS a SMS trough our account Twillio so when a lead schedule a asazmente call with our sales reps, the contact receives an SMS one day before the appointment. We want to incrase our show up ratio. 

We look inside Zapier for fields that come from Calendly in order to look any that can trigger this task that we want to do, but we did not find any. 

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by helpi COACHING 7 September 2022, 19:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @helpi COACHING , 

You need to explain the workflow a bit more. If I understand correctly, a contact from KEAP schedules an event through Calendly (i.e.: the phone number is in KEAP not Calendly? ) then you want to send them an SMS from Twilio? In case I understand correctly, then you need to do the following: (In case I misunderstood, please explain the chain of events with more details) 

1. Trigger > Calendly > Event “Invitee Created”
  2. Action > Keap > Event “Find Contact”  using the email address provided in the trigger step (in case the Invitee already provides the phone number in Calendly then you dont need this step, and you can actually just turn on the text notifications in Calendly if it works for you :) )
  3. Action > Twilio > Send SMS > Use the phone number you got from Step 2 or 1 as described above. 

Again, let me know if this is not what you are looking for

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @helpi COACHING! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this sorted? 

Keep us posted! We’d love to know. 🤗

Badge

Hi Christina! we received an email from your side with this possible solution.

We are making test if we could configure it correctly.

Thank you so much for your support.

Hello there,

I hope this email finds you well. This is Justin, one of the Associate Customer Champions here in Zapier. Happy to help!

Interesting! I believe we can work this out by using a Delay step. Here's what the Zap would look like:

1. Invitee Created in Calendly (trigger)
  2. Delay by Zapier (Delay Until the event start time -1d) https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/adjust-date-and-time-values-in-zaps
  3. Send SMS in Twilio (action)

For more details about the delay step, please refer below:

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-delays-to-zaps

Please try this one out and let me know if it works. Otherwise, I'd be glad to stick around!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Amazing, @helpi COACHING! Thanks for sharing this! 🤗

Badge

Hi Christina, we already configure this Zap but we are having one error, in theory we configure the zap so it would send and SMS 1 day before a lead schedule a call in Calendly, we have been making some test, right now (12:15 PM-CT) we make a test scheduling a call in Calendly for tomorrow Sep/20 at 4:00 PM - CT, in theory the SMS should be sent at 4:00 PM of today (Sep/19) how ever the message arrived right away at the time we schedule (Today Sep/19 at 12:15 PM).

We configure the delay inside the Zap as Carl of your support team suggested us, and when it says inside the delay How should we handle dates in the past? we put always continue. We understand that this is for cases where somebody schedule in Calendly with less than 1 day ahead the SMS will be sent immediately. So maybe there is something wrong in the way we configured this step.

Please advise, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting! I believe we can work this out by using a Delay step. Here's what the Zap would look like:

Hey there, @helpi COACHING! I hope you don’t mind my sharing but it looks like Justin recommended trying this:

Please take a look at the Delay step under the Date/Time Delayed Until field. Could you please add a space between the Event Start Time value and the date modifier? Here's a screenshot:

ae16d38a840e95af55d0a049eaf062eb.png
(view larger)

Thanks again for raising this in the Community! 🧡