Best answer

Trigger QuickBooks Online when invoice is deposited?

• 31 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to trigger a QBO zap not when the invoice is created, but when it is matched to a bank deposit and its status changes to “deposited.” Is there a way to trigger a QBO zap in this manner? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SamB 31 January 2022, 11:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @azcwebmanager 

Zapier natively doesn’t have the trigger to start when an invoice status is marked “Deposited”

However, you can build it by adding a webhook in your QBO that triggers when there is an update in your invoice and adding a filter to only proceed when status is deposited.

Here is that doc: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/webhooks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @azcwebmanager!

Robschmidt is correct here, there currently isn’t a trigger for seeing when an invoice’s status is updated. We do have a feature request open for this though so I’ve added your vote for that to be implemented. 

I don’t have any estimates as to when an “Updated Invoice” type of trigger would be added but we’ll keep you informed of any updates by email. In the meantime, robschmidt’s suggestion of setting up a webhook in QuickBooks to trigger the Zap instead would be a good workaround to try. I’d also recommend reading our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide for more details on setting up the Zap. :)