Best answer

Trigger on updated Airtable record

• 16 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

I can see that the only two triggers on Airtable appear to be New Record and New record in view and that the latter can be used as a bit of a long work around to proxy for updated record….

The inability to trigger on updated record or updated individual field is a huge drawback from me - I don’t want any more contrived views and the only feasible work around seems to be to add integromat to my stack, which I would rather avoid….

Any easier solutions / product development, beta Zaps?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 July 2021, 14:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@RussellF -

Personally, I’ve had a lot of success with the New Record in View action. Airtable gives a high degree of control with view filters -- there’s comfort there, and it’s honestly easier to control the views than it is to branch or filter in Zapier. FWIW, and YMMV, of course ;)

Userlevel 2

thanks @adamsmartschan - when we have a simple process flow, it is great.  My challene comes when we want to use a sheet effectively as a crm with a lot of outbound comms which depends on customer actions - I am up to 20 views already in one case and it has become unwieldy - may be time for me to learn webhooks or learn integromat’s UI.  Appreciate the response though

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Yeah, sounds like you’re in workaround territory if you’re using Airtable as a combination CRM + marketing automation solution. You found a glitch in the matrix ;)

Userlevel 2

Turns out the answer was given from tne Airtable forum … this works well even for a relative novice like me 

https://blog.airtable.com/create-a-daily-email-digest-of-updates-with-zapier/

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, have been using Zapier with Google Sheets for quite some time. Now we moved everything to Airtable and I was very surprised that this does not work with Zapier. Is there still no possibility to do this with Zapier? If a specific column in a airtable record gets updated, then I would like to tag a user in activecampaign.

Cheers, A

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Legalnaut! There’s not currently an Update record trigger for the Airtable integration, we do have a feature request for this and I’ve added you as an interested user, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update on that. 

In the meantime, the Airtable blog post that @RussellF shared explains how you can create something similar by having newly modified records go into a new view and then use that as a trigger for a Zap.

@RussellF  I’ve also added you as a vote on the feature request to add Updated Record as a trigger!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the fast answer. I would absolutely love to see that feature, it’s a big step to integrating with Airtable. For us all email notifications depend on being triggered by updated rows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

I just wanted to follow up here because there is now a New or Updated Record trigger for Airtable, which means that you can trigger a Zap from an updated record :smiley: