Best answer

Trigger isn't automatic; I Have to run the zap

• 20 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, total newbie here! I created a zap to create a quick event in calendar from a form.  When I run the test the event is created but once I turn it on, it won’t create the events right away.  I have to run the zap for it to look for new entries in the spreadsheet and then schedule the calendar event.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Jocelyn

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 March 2020, 11:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

What form service and type spreadsheet are you using?

I’ve used wufoo forms and they are instant trigger on the zap (i.e. instant still takes a few seconds). No spreadsheet needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jocelyn welcome to Zapier and welcome to the Community!

Some triggers on Zapier can take around 15 minutes between the event happening (something new in your Spreadsheet) and the Zap being triggered. Could you try adding something to the sheet and then waiting around 20 minutes to see if the Zap triggers then? 

The reason for this is that for some types of trigger, instead of the app sending Zapier the information as soon as it happens (an instant trigger), Zapier will check in with an app at fixed intervals to see if there is any new information (polling trigger). Most common Spreadsheet apps (like Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel) have polling triggers, so there will be a delay between the change in the sheet and the Zap triggering. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers, yup, that worked.  Thanks for the info.  Jocelyn