Question

Trigger auto reply when email is clicked?

• 28 July 2021
  • 1 reply

First of all, forgive me if this question has already been answered but i couldn’t find one that matches exactly what i’m trying to do (if it’s even possible)

So, i know there’s different ways to set up forms to send automatic replies, but i’m trying to skip the form completely on this one. I would like to send emails to contacts that already belong to my database (not new ones) to confirm their attendance to an event. So what i need from zapier is to figure which of the contacts clicked on the email.

My company uses Masterbase to manage their campaigns, so perhaps if i use a webhook to listen to a url on a button in the email...and then create an action that sends a reply to an inbox with the email it came from. That way i could store all the contacts that clicked in a spreadsheet or a crm. from that point i can look for duplicates and whatnot, but to know who clicked: that’s my goal.

Would this work? Is there a proper way of doing this?
All information will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @drodriguez 

One thing to keep in mind is where the email link should click thru to once clicked.

With Zapier Webhooks, you can specify a redirect URL, so those shouldn’t be used as the email link.

If the app being used to send the email can support webhooks for events (e.g. link clicked), then you should be able to configure the desired Zap.