Best answer

Trello URL Attachment Name

• 18 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a obscure problem that is more of an announce on Trello. Whenever I zap a url attachment to a Trello card, it names it edit. It is because the edit is the last part of the end of the url.

Here is the zap. I would just like to name the url attachment whatever the title of the document is!

Trello → Google Docs, Trello & more! I want to know how to name it to prevent every doc being named edit.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 19 February 2020, 16:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @leonhitchens

Welcome from Twitter!

So, I can't see any obvious issues with the setup, so my guess is either this is a bug, or by (unintentional) design.

I'm going to flag this post for Zapier Community Staff to look at. They might have some insight on this issue that I don't, or if required, they can escalate this to the support team for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @leonhitchens, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see that Samantha from Support was able to respond to your email ticket. It's a bummer that it's not an existing request, but I'm glad we're able to log it and put it on our wish list for you.

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu for the help on this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu I checked and it seems like it's not possible to specify the attachment name due to the Trello API doesn't yet have the add a name field yet.

That said, it looks like the ability to set the file name has been suggested so we added Leon's request to our wish list for this.