Best answer

Trello - How do I invite people to a new Trello board after purchase?

• 30 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Right now, when a user submits an order on my webpage (Webflow), two things happen thanks to Zapier:

1. A copy of a Trello board template is made, on my account, with the user’s name as the title.
  2. An email is sent to the user with a link to the new board. 

What I’m trying to figure out is how auto add the user to the board that was created for them. Right now if the user clicks on the link in the email, they can see the Trello board, but can’t add any cards because they can only view it. I need Zapier to add them as a member to the board, or send an invite to the board.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is literally the last step to my website madness. lol

This is the Zap details:

App: Trello
Event: Copy Board
Board: {template}

Organization: {personal}
Permission Level: public
Allow Any Team Member to Join This Board? true

icon

Best answer by ken.a 30 May 2023, 07:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @laylo,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm sorry for the current limitations with the Trello integration. At the moment, it doesn't support adding or inviting members to a board. We've heard similar feedback from other users and our developers are aware of this interest.

Good news is, I've added you to the list of users interested in this feature. This does a few things:

• It brings the issue to the attention of our developers.
  • It helps us gauge the demand for this feature.
  • It allows us to notify you directly if this feature becomes available in the future.

While we can't guarantee that all feature requests will be implemented, your feedback is incredibly valuable in helping us improve our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll be sure to let you know!

I understand that this isn't the ideal situation. Please don't hesitate to ask in the Community if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here to help! 😊

Userlevel 2

Hi! Is there a way to be notified once this feature becomes available? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yup, @Jillyn - thanks for letting us know! I’ve got you added and we’ll be in touch if this gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 1

I also need this functionality. @christina.d 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @doughenrique93,

Thanks for letting us know! I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will keep you in the loop when this feature gets implemented.

Userlevel 1

As far as I know, for this to work with Zapier, does Trello need to add this action to their REST API? @ken.a