Best answer

Trello - duplicate card?

• 11 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all, 

I’m trying to have a zap duplicate an existing card on a trello board, to which I can then add dynamic information. 

All I want is for Zapier to make an identical copy of an existing card.

As simple as that sounds (and Trello itself offers “copy card”), I can’t seem to be able to do that. Am I missing something? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Wemakefuture 11 September 2020, 05:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Switch Telecom hi Frist you need a clear trigger event to be happening. Either time based or best in class you add a label 'copy' to your Trello card. Then you set this 'new label added to card in trello' as trigger when a new label is added for example 'green'. Take in mind setting labels can be zap consuming. 

Second step create a new card pullin all information you want and feel free to get tasks done :)

Hi. I also wanted to copy (or duplicate) a template card in Trello from Zapier. But I cannot do it. Because I want to copy all of the checklist and its cheklists items, I am not able to do this. any ideas on how I can, if at all possible?