Best answer

Trello card changes affecting Zapier

• 22 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi 

I have a Zap that takes date from several cards in different boards  and creates a new card (in a new board)

Every time i make a change in the source card (like changing the placement of a custom field) the zap stops working (creates a bad card) and the only way for me to fix it is to create a new Zap exactly the same (copy will not do).  Is there a way to reset the source data so the Zap “reset itself”

Thank you and stay safe

icon

Best answer by steph.n 2 June 2020, 03:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @crelis ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

To help us better understand your workflow, could you share a screenshot of your configuration? Once we can take a look at your set up, we can try to find a way to streamline this process for you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Here you go - Just remember that the zap works! it just stop working from time to time and I am not sure why. Please note that all data in these tests is fake.

High level

1 stage 

2 stage 

4 stage (3rd is just format the date to MMM-DD-YYYY an remove the time) the rest of the customization include several other fields that are being set up

5 and  last stage

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @crelis - thanks for your patience! It looks like you’ve resolved this issue. As Lauren from Zapier Support recommended, if the Board that triggers the Zap changes name, then re-selecting the Board from the dropdown with it's new name should keep the Zap working. Please let us know if this issue still persists and we’ll be happy to take another look. Thank you!