Best answer

Transferring the people who entered the Zoom meeting to the drive as a list

Userlevel 1

Hello,
I work as a data scientist in an educational institution and we want to be able to automatically learn about students' online course participation. That is, after users registered in a zoom meeting (not a webinar) log in, I want to be able to automatically record all of them as a list (name, surname, email) to the drive, depending on the date of that zoom meeting. But it records each user by adding them to separate files, how can I update it to a single list and the list name to be the date of the zoom meeting?

Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 15 July 2022, 02:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cemcagatay!

The simplest solution I can think of here would be to add the meeting registrants to a spreadsheet (eg Google Sheets or Excel), which would look something like this:

1. Trigger: Zoom - New meeting registrant
  2. Action: Google Sheets - Create Spreadsheet Row

If you want to make a list of participants somewhere else (eg a text document) then you can use Storage or Digest by Zapier, both of which allow you to gather and store information as it comes in (eg as each person registers) and then to release that data at a time of your choosing (ie in another Zap). 

There are a couple of limitations that you’ll need to work with/work around with the Zoom New Meeting Registrant trigger:

1. You have to select a specific meeting, meaning that you would need to create a new Zap for each Meeting
  2. The trigger records users who register for the meeting, it doesn’t tell you whether or not a user attended the Meeting

There are feature requests asking Zoom to address both of the above limitations, if you’d like me to add you to those feature requests (which lets Zoom know how many users want to see the feature added and means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update) let us know!

I hope that all makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers,

First of all thank you for your answer. As I mentioned earlier we are trying to automate taking attendance at an educational institution and we have to throw a lot of recurring meetings for a course. As such, it is not possible for us to open a zap for every meeting. Now I'm trying to get the information of the students when they are registered time to the meeting, but it is seen as registered time no data. Attached is the photo of the problem.

I wish conveniences

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey there @cemcagatay,

If I’m understanding you correctly, you would like to set up a single Zap that would fire for every new registrant on every meeting under a Zoom account, not be restricted to a single meeting. Is that right?

This is a feature request we have logged in our database (and one I’d personally like to deliver 😀). So I have gone ahead and logged you as an affected user. I don't have an ETA on when it might get implemented, but since we have your email logged there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I’ve misunderstood something!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cemcagatay!

There’s a workaround you could create, using Zoom’s webhook-only apps (surprisingly easy to set up). You would create a Zap that is triggered by Webhooks by Zapier, specify which events in Zoom you want to send there, then build out the rest of your Zap.

I can walk you through that part if you’re interested. I was curious, though, about the “list” part of your workflow.

Are you wanting each of these to be entirely separate spreadsheets, or worksheets within the same spreadsheet? Or is it something else? I want to make sure the last part is possible before even diving into the first part of it :)

Userlevel 1

Hi,
We want to be able to see the people who registered for the Zoom meeting and the dates they registered separately for the recurring zoom meetings. Since it is a repeating meeting, the people who registered between two different meetings should definitely be seen separately, with the information of which zoom meeting they entered. For this reason, we thought that we could solve this problem by taking the e-mail addresses of the people registered in one column of a sheet and their registration dates in another column. At the same time, for each repeated zoom meeting, the participants would be seen in different sheets depending on the date of that zoom meeting, which would solve our problem.

I am attaching the image of the solution we are aiming for now. As I said, our main goal is to be able to access the attendees of the recurring zoom meeting and the date of that zoom meeting. This will be our way of taking attendance :)

Name Surname E-mail Date
Bükre   bukredncl@gmail.com 2022-07-19 22:19:04
Merve Çamcı camcimerve@gmail.com  
Merve Çamcı camcimerve@gmail.com  
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cemcagatay, popping in for an update. 😃 The developers have addressed this in an update, v2.5.0. Let us know if you have any questions!