Best answer

Transfer Files from Salesforce to AWS bucket

• 9 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi Guys,

I am trying to transfer Salesforce files (.png & .jpg stored in Files)  from Salesforce System to AWS server using Zapier.

Unable to figure out what needs to be given in File field. Tried in various ways, but unable to figure out. Can anyone help me out.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 21 July 2020, 07:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Vishnu Priya!

Could you let us know which of the AWS apps you’re using and which action? That will help us to get on the same page and hopefully find you the information that you need 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hey,

A similar question here. We’re trying be able to get a file from different sources (eg Drive, Dropbox, public url) and then send it to AWS bucket (by doing a request to a temporary upload link to aws that includes the credentials required so the user doesn’t need to configure a AWS step themselves). We noticed getting files from other integrations return a dehydrated function that is finally transformed into a temporary download url.

I’d like to know what would be the best approach to do what was described. This is a functionality build for TeamworkIQ Workflow Processes integration.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @khakman - Thanks for writing to us! I was curious which AWS or Amazon app are you using? We have a few and I’d like to get you the right information. 

Userlevel 1

We are not using a AWS app. This is part of our TeamworkIQ integration. We generate an AWS upload link on our backend and return this to the client with the temporary secrets required in order to make a request to AWS and save a file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We are not using a AWS app. This is part of our TeamworkIQ integration. We generate an AWS upload link on our backend and return this to the client with the temporary secrets required in order to make a request to AWS and save a file.

Thank you for the context! This sounds like you’re making an app for Zapier, and it may require development support for your question. Let’s get you to the right spot. I’ve escalated your ticket to the Dev App team. Thanks!