Question

Tracking emails (received, opened, clicked) w/ MailTrack sent email - feed into GSheet

• 28 January 2023
  • 9 replies

So, I have the following flow and encountered an issue:

(1) Clients enter information in TypeForm.

(2) TypeForm feeds Google Sheets new row with information.

(3) This triggers Zapier to do the following:

(4) Create an Invoice w/ CloudLayer

(5) Send an email w/ the invoice and additional information from the GSheet.

The issue / question:

I am sending the email using MailTrack - with the intention of knowing if the recipient received the email, opened it, clicked etc.,

I don’t know how to do that, and if it can be done - MailTrack allows me to track, by it’s definition (otherwise I could have sent via Gmail) - but where and how do I see the MailTrack information on that sent email? can I feed that information to a GSheet?

I know now if this is an API question, if I need to do some webhooks - all sorts of topics I know little about and was really hoping to solve with no to little code.

Thanks everyone in advance

Dori

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dori 

Good question.

The MailTrack Zap app integration has these available triggers, which seem to be some of the ones you are looking for.

Have you tried configuring a Zap with those?

For the Zap actions, you can use these:

• GSheets - Lookup Row
  • GSheets - Update Row

Thanks @Troy Tessalone , but these are all triggers, not actions.

so I basically need a new / different / separate Zap that is triggered by MailTrack? 

I’ll definitely try it, but I was hoping I can have it all on a single sequence - but I understand it probably can’t be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dori 

You’ll need separate Zaps since you are trying to fire workflows from different triggers.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone ill give it a try

Appreciate the help 

@Troy Tessalone not sure if you’re still around to try and follow-up with this - but this is what I did:

I started a different Zap that the trigger is “First Click Notification” from MailTrack and as an action, creates a GSheet row.

Now, nothing happens. So - how do I connect the two? the first Zap (where the Trigger is a new row in GSheet, and the Action is sending an email from MailTrack) and the second Zap (that is supposed to show me in GSheet track of first click)?

This is what I get lost - to connect these two zaps / sequences.

Thanks in advance

Dori

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dori

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have context, thanks.

If you need help, consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

ok, thanks.

so the first one, triggered by GSheet, sends an email in MailTrack:

the other sequence I have, is “trying” to track MailTrack mails and add them in GSheet:

Anything else you need to see to understand if this makes sense? @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dori 

If you want to track on the same row, then you’ll need to use these Zap steps.

For the Zap actions, you can use these:

• GSheets - Lookup Row
  • GSheets - Update Row
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Dori how are things going here? Were you able to find success with the steps Troy was suggesting? Keep us posted!