Question

Tool needed: How to pull Google Analytics and other data into a monthly snapshot doc?

Userlevel 2

A client wants to receive a monthly one-page doc showing items including:

• Google Analytics highlights for the previous month, inc. items like the following:

• Top-level site traffic

• Top content pages

• Other items, inc

• Social engagement stats from LinkedIn, Twitter.

• Upcoming content marketing plans and highlights/initiatives.

Google Analytics is my kryptonite.

Do any simple tools exist with which I could make a doc/dashboard-doc, drag in some widgets for Google Analytics... and ?

This is not just about Analytics. I'd also like to add in some manual/narrative other material, and maybe pull in some data from other software/services, too... eg. I use Airtable for upcoming-content planning, and then there's the social networks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @robertandrews! I love this use case. Have you considered something like GetScreenshot to grab screenshots of these dashboards and then send them to where you need? I am wondering if that would solve your use case here. You’ll just need to make a decision on where you want to host your dashboard to store/refresh these! Do you have any ideas in mind? I would love to help think through this one with you - sounds like fun!

Userlevel 2

Hey @robertandrews! I love this use case. Have you considered something like GetScreenshot to grab screenshots of these dashboards and then send them to where you need? I am wondering if that would solve your use case here. You’ll just need to make a decision on where you want to host your dashboard to store/refresh these! Do you have any ideas in mind? I would love to help think through this one with you - sounds like fun!

I need to generate the dashboards (more straightforwardly that in Google Analytics, which is ridiculously complex), not take screenshots of them. Even if I had those dashboards, I doubt the GetScreenshot API could easily access them behind my Google Account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @robertandrews! Thanks for clarifying that!

Full transparency, I have no experience with this app but it was about the only thing I found that had a Google Analytics integration for dashboards:
https://cynapse.com/numerics/integrations/google-analytics-dashboards/

Could be worth checking out. 🙂