Question

Too much data sent with Google sheet

• 16 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am using a google sheet table to send data to my CRM. The problem is that I feel like Zapier sends all rows data every time it is changed or added. So I don't find it relevant and it uses up all my zaps too quickly.I would like to update and send only modified or created cells to avoid wasting resources unnecessarily.Have you ever had this problem?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jeremyweb 

Good question.

Make sure to use the Zap trigger: GSheets New/Updated Row

“New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” trigger behavior

If you’re using the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger and choose Any column to monitor, any change to a row will trigger your Zap. If you select a specific column, then the Zap will only trigger when there are changes on that column.

Note

Zaps using New or Updated Spreadsheet Row will also trigger for any new rows in the spreadsheet, even if the specified column is blank. To avoid triggering in those cases, add a Filter step to your Zap.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I understand now how it works and I don’t know if you can help me , here is my configuration :

• I send Google Sheets information trought Zapier to my CRM.

• I have 1 column with the attribute “Send customers informations”, YES or NOT. It works good with filter. 
  •  

Problem :

• The customer informations can be updated after first send, if 1 cell is updated with “Send customers informations”, YES the column will be sent to Zapier ? Or all the line datas ? 

Best thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jeremyweb 

To clarify, Zaps work on a per row/record basis.