Best answer

Thumbnail not showing in set-up action (Wordpress to Tumblr post)

• 29 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I am creating a Zapp that publishes new blog posts from my WordPress site to Tumblr page. However, I am unable to find the thumbnail / featured image in drop-down of Set-up Action. My website is built on Elementor. 

Kindly advise the work-around. 

icon

Best answer by Abdul Alim 30 December 2021, 12:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Abdul Alim! Does it pass you the id of the image? Because if it does, you could to a few things

One thing you could try, is to have a second Zap with the ‘New media’ trigger. Whenever a new image is uploaded in Wordpress, you add the url to it in one column and the id in another column in a google spreadsheet. Whenever you have a new blogpost, and you get the id of the thumbnail, you look it up in this spreadsheet and get the url.

You could also do a direct lookup in the SQL Database of your Wordpress website, by looking up where exactly this data can be found.

Dear @mzsadiek Thank you very much for your quick response. My apologies for replying late.

I have managed to make it work, though took a slightly different approach than the one you suggested. I had found that from another expert response.

Here is what I did: 
I added ‘Formatter by zappier’ and performed action ‘Text’>extract url of the image from ‘Raw Description’. It worked well.

Thanks again for reaching out!