Best answer

The upload video could not be sent to YouTube.| ExternalHTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.googleapis.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=39)

• 29 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am Trying To Upload A Video From my GDrive to youtube but while testing it says T

he upload video could not be sent to YouTube.| ExternalHTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.googleapis.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=39)

Plz help to fix the problem and upload videos constantly from my drive

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 30 September 2020, 11:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you try testing more than once after getting the error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @MoviezHood 

This is what’s known as a timeout error. In some cases they are temporary, but with Youtube, it’s very often because the file you’re trying to upload is too large.

I wrote a blog post about timeout errors - but basically, when Zapier sends data to another app it expects to get an “OK” signal from that app. It will wait up to 30 seconds, and if it doesn’t get that signal, then it assumes there is an error - like you’re seeing here. Because it’s taking Youtube longer than 30 seconds to process your video, it’s not being able to send that signal back in time.

Sadly, you’ll need to keep videos quite short if you want to upload them via Zapier.