Best answer

The email is not sent when a new WordPress user is created via Zap.

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

When you create a user in wordpress, they are sent a registration email from wordpress - this sends them their login information and ability to set their password. 

Creating a new wordpress user via a zap however, for some reason does not trigger the email... - it isn’t sent. How can I work around this? Or should it be sending…?

Why is this not triggered? 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 May 2022, 12:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Nas1! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉

We’d love to help! Do you mind sharing some screenshots of how your zap is setup with any personal info obscurred? This should help us dig into this with you. 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d

Sure - see below, i’m using the Create User event for wordpress action - not doing anything out of the ordinary, please see below, I’m creating a user of type Employer, which wasn’t in the default dropdown of zapier, so I had to pass it through (this is creating the correct user type). 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue with the Zap of a customer of mine. I hope they have an anwer to fix this problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Nas1 I’m wondering if you need to add an email step to your zap after the new customer is created? It looks to me like your action is just adding the new user. 🤔

Userlevel 1

@TamRazzleDazzle Unfortunately there's no option for that in Zapier. When I use Zapier in combination with LearnDash (on WordPress) an e-mail is being sent automatically. No extra steps after creating a user account. I don't understand why it doesn't work with only WordPress.

I try to create this extra step by using WP Webhooks, but unfortunately it doensn't work (yet). 

Userlevel 1

thanks for the responses - we don’t want the email to be sent from Zapier. 

When you create a new user in wordpress, they are sent a user registration email (new user email) it is sent from wordpress upon the creation of a new user. 

The issue is that when we create the new user via zapier the email isn’t triggered in WP. 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sticking with us and giving some more detail, @Nas1. I can see that there is indeed an issue with the way that the Create New User action for Wordpress works in Zapier. We do have a feature request open asking for the ability to send the notification email to new users and I’ve added you to that request. I don’t know when or if that feature will be added, but we will definitely send you an email if it does become a reality. 

@Tamara I’ve added you to the same feature request, which lets the team know how many people are interested in it, and also means that we’ll send you an email if/when we are able to add this feature. 

Userlevel 1

@Danvers Thanks for checking, I'm looking forward to it. It's kind of strange, userccounts are created without sending an e-mail to the user to set their password. If I connect Zapier with LearnDash, new users do get an email.

But for now that means I have to find another solution 😕 Please keep me posted. 

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 1

It looks like this is an issue with WordPress’s API - this is an open issue on their site.

If you are feeling adventurous about adding code to your theme, you can add this code to your functions.php file - I’d add it at the bottom after all existing code. This should get your emails sending after your new users are created:

function mynamespace_user_update($user, $request, $create)
{
$user_id = $user->ID;
wp_send_new_user_notifications($user_id);
}
add_action( 'rest_insert_user', 'mynamespace_user_update', 12, 3 );
Userlevel 1

@itslaurie Amazing! thank you so much for sharing that, it works!👌

I’m having similar issues, using a Zap to go between Kartra and Paid Membership Pro. The Zap creates the user account in Wordpress with the correct membership assigned but doesn't send out the generic ‘setup your password’ email from Wordpress. I’ve tried updating the functions.php file as suggested above but no luck. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @DizzleSky 

I’ve added you to this new feature request. We’ll update you via email once available.

Thanks @jammer.solijon - that’d be great.

@jammer.solijon can you also add my name to the new feature request for activating email invites from WordPress via Zap.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Absolutely @tchurch! I’ve added you to the list for the new feature request. Kindly wait for any update and we’ll send it via email. Thanks.

Absolutely @tchurch! I’ve added you to the list for the new feature request. Kindly wait for any update and we’ll send it via email. Thanks.

Hey there, I was having the same issue, however since I added an SMTP I'm receiving the password setup email, only problem is, the link is taking me (customers) to a login page for the WP profile and NOT the learndash course they signed up for. When I turn off the Zap and enrol in a free course, I get the password setup email and it successfully takes me to the course login as expected. 

FYI. 

Please advise me if anything can be done or update me when you have an update along with the others here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Tim K!

Thank you for letting us know. I’ve added you to this new feature request. We’ll update you via email once available.