Best answer

the CompanyID field is missing when creating a ticket in Autotask.

Userlevel 1

When creating a ticket in Autotask the field CompanyID is missing. This is requiered by Autotask and so the create ticket action can not be performed.

Is there any way to add this field or has this to be done by the developer of Zapier? 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 26 April 2022, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nick Betgem 

Good question.

Are you able to use this Zap action to get the ID?

Autotask Find Company

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone , Yes i can find company ID's with the “Find Company” zap. But when using the zap “Create ticket” there is no field available for Company ID or Company Name which is required by Autotask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Betgem 

Is that Zap step returning an error?

Can you post screenshots with how the Zap step is configured?

Userlevel 1
This is the error

Also the field is not mentioned in the fields you cann fill out:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Betgem 

Can you post a screenshot with all the fields available to configure for that Zap action?

Otherwise, probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone  like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick Betgem 

Yeah, probably best to reach out to Zapier Support for assistance with this one.

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Nick Betgem! Troy’s suggestion of using the “Find Company” action in your Zap is going to be the best way forward here. I understand you are finding the company in another Zap but in order to use it with this Zap that creates a ticket, you will need to insert a “Find Company” action step before the “Create Ticket” step. That will allow you to dynamically look up the company, find the ID, and then use it in the “Create Ticket” action template. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @jesse thanks for taking time to respond, really appreciated. :-)

I have an action “find company” before “create ticket” but it doesn't work. Still saying “Field does not exist CompanyID” Our own CompanyID is 0, i can find it when trigger action “find company” but outcome of the search is not being merged in the next zap.

I think the field “companyID” is still missing as a field in the “create ticket”-zap.

I hope you have such other suggestion; i don't have a lot of expierience using zappier.

For example, when using zap “creat contact” the first outcome is like this (screenshot). With create ticket is miss the outcome for “Company”.

Hi.  I am new using Zapier. 

This past week was setting up my very first Zap with Autotask.

I am getting the same error reported here:  Value does not exist for the required field companyID.; on record number [1].

I submitted the error to Zapier Support and they confirmed this specific error is an Autotask Integration Bug they are aware of and there is no ETA at this time.

I also reached out to Autotask support to see if they are aware of this issue.

Hi.  I am new using Zapier. 

This past week was setting up my very first Zap with Autotask.

I am getting the same error reported here:  Value does not exist for the required field companyID.; on record number [1].

I submitted the error to Zapier Support and they confirmed this specific error is an Autotask Integration Bug they are aware of and there is no ETA at this time.

I also reached out to Autotask support to see if they are aware of this issue.

I just asked Zapier Support to confirm when this bug started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Nick Betgem and @LBerroa!

Thanks so much for reaching out and taking the time to share your feedback! I took a quick peek and wanted to confirm @LBerroa statement regarding this being a known bug in the Autotask Integration. Specifically that there is no CompanyID field in the editor to be filled in even though it is a required field.

While we don’t have an estimate regarding when this will be fixed, the Autotask team has been notified. I also went ahead and added you as an impacted user, Nick! This way once a fix is in place, we’ll send an email. We’ll also be sure to update the thread as well. 🙂

Thanks again for letting us know and we’ll keep ya’ll posted once there’s an update to share. 

Hi Christina - can I be added as an impacted user as well. Also, is there an update on when this might be fixed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @drlogic,

I've added you as an impacted user. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA regarding the issue. We'll send you an email once there is an update. We'll also update the thread to let everyone know.

Hi, please can I be added as an impacted user? 

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  We want to use Zapier to integrate between Jira and Autotask so that when a client creates a Jira service request in a specific project a new ticket for that client is created in Autotask.  Zapier will not work for us at all if this is not possible.

Can we get this escalated and get an eta on resolution please?  This seems like a super basic requirement for Autotask.

Thanks,

Tracey

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello, @TraceyCyberlogic . I've added you to the list of users who are affected. We'll notify you via email when an update is available. Thank!