Question

The app returned not found when updating a product in Shopify

• 9 February 2022
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Can you help me? 

I can´t follow with this step

This is my zap: https://zapier.com/shared/59737e5b2ade5bb0b683ac559c1641c608a79008

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Marcos Solís, welcome to the Community! :relaxed:

We’re not able to see your exact set up from a shared link. Are you able to send upload some screenshots (please make sure to obscure any personally identifiable information from them) of the setup so we can get a better idea of what might be causing that error? 

That said, seeing a “Not Found” error when attempting to update a product would suggest that the value selected to identify the product may be incorrect. From the Zap template you shared there appears to be a Find Product by Title step followed by the Update Product step. In the Product field on the Update Product step have you selected the ID field from the previous Find Product step? If not then that may be why you’re getting an error as it’ll expect an ID for the product when a custom value is selected.

But if the ID field is already selected, was the previous step able to find an existing product? Or was the testing of the Find Product step skipped? If it was skipped, then that may be giving the Update Product step an ID number (from a default product sample) that doesn’t match any of the products in your Shopify account. In which case, testing the Find Product step to find a real product should fix it.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!