Best answer

Text Formatter Split is not displaying the output in the next step

• 27 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

I’ve created a text formatter step to split into multiple fields so that I can populate a google sheet.  When I test it it looks fine, but when I try to select individual fields in the next step they are not there.  I only see 1 field again.  Why don’t I see the individual fields that I created in the prior step?  What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 October 2021, 19:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 2

My last screenshot was cut off

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mary_S 

The output should look like this. (instead of returning an array with line items like shown in your screenshot)

Try testing the Formatter step again.

Userlevel 2

I’ve tried retesting at least 10 times and the output is not showing the separate fields in the next step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mary_S 

Try using a different Formatter option: Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items

Userlevel 2

Text to line item, gets the same result (plus it only lets me split by comma and I have commas in my data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mary_S 

Can you show an example of the original data you’re using?

Userlevel 2

When I test the original data I see this:

I want to capture what is in simpleValue (there are several of them in the data) and put each one in a cell in google sheets

However when I try to select it I only have this option.  I went through all of the available fields and this is the only one that contains any and all of the data I want. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mary_S 

Try this…

Action: Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text

That will return something like this:

Then you can use a Formatter > Text > Split OR a Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items step.

Userlevel 2

OMG, that worked.

This has been driving me CRAZY

THANK YOU !!!!!