Question

Telegram integration through BotatBot

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

There is no Telegram integration on Zapier. However, according to the Zapier website (link below) the BotAtBot integration will connect to Telegram.

https://zapier.com/apps/botatbot/help

However, when I go digging, it requires me to create a BotAtBot account, which directs me to a website that’s arabic language and doesn't appear to be BotAtBot, but something else.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone here has attempted a simple telegram bot integration? I’d like to send a simple notification to a specific chat group.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @michaellunsford! Thanks for reaching out. Sorry about the delay here! Depending on what you’re looking to achieve you may be able to access Telegrams API with Webhooks by Zapier.

We aren’t able to walk you through the exact steps that you would take since it’s an advanced feature, but you could check out our Code and Webhooks forum to see if anyone might be able to help. Or, consider the Hire a Pro forum/our Zapier Experts directory if you’re willing to pay someone to help you set that up.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi Michael,

I was stuck at the same part for the integration of our CRM with Telegram. So, we can send new lead reminders, new appointment reminders to Telegram groups.

Here are the steps on how we achieved it:

1. Created a telegram bot using BotFather and added the bot into respective groups.
  2. Received payload from our CRM on Zapier Webhooks using CATCH function.
  3. Posted payload through Zapier Webhooks using GET function on our Bot send message token. i.e, https://api.telegram.org/bot{APITOKEN}/sendMessage?chat_id=@{CHATID}&text=%0D%0A+name:1. First Name:Zapier%0D%0A+phone:1. Phone:+16476666667%0D%0A+email:1. Email:tes@zap.com

Done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing this, @AbdullahVirk