Question

Teachable: Only select students who have not bought a course?

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When somebody signs up for free content (trigger), I want to offer a free trial of paid content. The offer should only be made to those who have not already bought content (filter). It would be easy if one could filter against total previous purchases but, I can only see an option to look at the current sale/transaction.

I certainly don’t possess the skills to get too technical, so I’d welcome any suggestions for a simple solution. Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey,

It believe when you make a custom API to this API than you should be able to check that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Esinem 

Good question.

Can you clarify which Zap trigger you are using? (screenshots)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Esinem 

Good question.

Thanks but I haven’t been able to set it up but I did try transaction value = 0, i.e. they subscribed to a course with zero value.

If I can set and remove tags, a schedule would work. I feel sure I saw an option to do that but can’t find it now. I could set all students in Teachable with zero revenue to tag = free and then set it to paid if they buy something. The free tag could be used to filter new course purchases/subscriptions

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey,

It believe when you make a custom API to this API than you should be able to check that. 

Thanks. Probably but it makes my tiny brain hurt :-) I wouldn’t know where to even begin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Esinem