Question

Task usage is incorrect and "held runs" banner persisting after replaying

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies

[zapier wouldn’t allow us to post if we put anything in the post title about false info on task usage, etc.]

After weeks and weeks of sending screenshots and detailed info to “support,” Zapier finely admitted that their “held zaps banner” and their task usage reports both provide inaccurate info.

We had to increase our subscription (give Zapier more money!) based on the numbers Zapier was showing us...come to find out they are false, and Zapier knows it...but based on our experience, they are working harder to hide this from customers than to fix it or to make it up to us after we gave them more money.

It all started when we found some held zap and task usage numbers that just didn’t add up. So we contacted “support” who has done little more than try to get us to give up and go away as we went back and forth for 5+ weeks. Just about every reply from “support” was from a new person and there was very little evidence that new person had read or understood what we’d written or even looked at screenshot evidence. 

Finely, after weeks and weeks of our time and persistence, Zapier finally admitted that they know they give customers false info about zap and task usage. See Screenshot below.

We have followed up numerous times and have yet to hear from anyone at Zapier who can give us any info about how they will make this up to us. The latest we heard from them was yesterday that they were “conducting a more in-depth investigation,” and today we got an email that our case would be closed--still no resolution. 

It’s hard to see this as anything more than a scheme to get more money out of customers. We’re definitely looking into other services and would not recommend Zapier to anyone given how our long, frustrating, and fruitless experience with “support” has been, as well as how they know they’re lying to customers and aren’t doing anything to make it up to us or even have at eta for when these known issues will be fixed.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @IndieBizWhiz. Welcome to the Community! 👋

That’s strange, there shouldn’t be any automatic blocking of posts that mention “false info on task usage” in the title. I’ve renamed this post so it more accurately reflects the issues you’re running into here. I also spotted you opened a duplicate topic regarding the same issues so I’ve removed that - as per our Code of Conduct we ask that members do not “cross-post the same post in multiple topics”.

Us folks in the Community don’t have access to your account and we are unable to assist with any billing or account related issues, the support team will be the best folks to speak to on that side of things.

That said, I was able to review the discussions you’ve had with our support team and can definitely see that there’s been some confusion on our side which hasn’t helped the situation. I’m very sorry about that, and for any additional hassle or inconvenience this has caused. We really appreciate you sharing this candid feedback with us here and we’ll work on improving this going forward.

I can see that the support team have since got back to you on this. And it appears that the discrepancies for the task usage amounts may well be related to a difference in time zones, as the task usage displayed will use the timezone settings of your web browser. If you have any follow up questions on that I’d suggest continuing the conversation with them directly over email.

If there’s anything Zap-related that the Community here can assist with in the meantime do let us know! 🙂

@SamB  Really disappointed that you changed the title b/c it doesn’t accurately represent what we wrote (the “held apps” banner doesn’t merely “persist” as you rephrased it but rather gives users incorrect information) and also because it makes this issue seem like a design error rather than Zapier lying to customers about task and held zap usage.

Secondly, your advice to contact support team seems out of touch and like you didn’t read what we wrote. If you’d read what we wrote, you’d see that we’ve *already* contacted the support team...multiple times...over more than two months. Your words here just seem like another “passing of the buck” and aren’t really helpful.

Your third paragraph frames Zapier’s faulty reporting info to customers as “some confusion.” This also appears to shift blame, dodge responsibility, and also dilutes the truth: that Zapier knows it’s giving customers false information and isn’t doing anything to fix to it (that we have evidence of anyway) and is also working harder to just get customers to give up and go away rather than making it right. We gave Zapier more money based on the faulty information Zapier was presenting to us...and when we showed Zapier proof of this, it took weeks and weeks of persistence to get Zapier to understand and admit, and while we’re *still* waiting for any reparations of any kind. 

Your fourth paragraph is just a rephrasing of the latest excuse Zapier support is using. If they’d looked at the screenshots and detailed info we’ve provided them already, they’d see that time zones could not be the source of this issue.

Lastly, it seems quite telling that you don’t address at all that Zapier has admitted it knows the info it provides to customers in the held zaps banner and task usage reports is wrong. You also seem to ignore the screenshot we provided. 

Taken as a whole, unfortunately, all this only seems consistent with Zapier’s approach: downplay and rephrase known issues, ignore customers’ notes, work harder at getting customers to give up and go away than to solve and make up for problems in Zapier service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @IndieBizWhiz,

I’m very sorry for the disappointment caused by be rewording the title of this topic from “how to post in community?” to “Task usage is incorrect and "held runs" banner persisting after replaying”. 

I can see that my previous message has been misinterpreted. I would like to make clear that Tasks are correctly attributed and that there is never any intention on Zapier’s part to mislead or provide false information.

I’ve just checked on the support ticket again and they’ve responded to your latest reply with further details.

I can understand your frustration but this really is not the place for account specific discussions of this nature, so I am going to close this topic out now and would encourage you to follow-up with the support team over email should you have any further questions on that.