Hi there! I’m looking for a solution to automate my company’s workflow, I believe Zapier might help here.
Here’s the flow:
• We have a list of records in Google Sheets. Let’s call those records TASKS.
• Every column is a different attribute of this TASK. Two of many are OWNER and STATUS.
• For each new TASK (manually added), there will be an OWNER assigned manually. Base STATUS is “blank” which means it’s an open TASK.
Now, what I want to do:
• For every new TASK with OWNER, I need Zapier to send an email to the OWNER, asking if he’s accepting the TASK. I need a STATUS change into “Send”.
• This email needs to be as simple as can be, so I need some infos from other columsna and two big buttons: Accept or Decline.
• If OWNER clicks Accept, STATUS changes into “Accepted” (or next column like “Acceptance Status” changes into “Accepted”, if Zapier can't override data)
• If OWNER clicks Decline, STATUS changes into “Declined” (or next column like “Acceptance Status” changes into “Accepted”, if Zapier can’t override data).
• If OWNER does not click anything within the deadline (set in different column), STATUS changes into “Declined” (and maybe clears the OWNER.)
How could I build such a workflow?
I believe it could be:
- Trigger → Updated Row
- Action → Send mail (STMP?)
- …. ?
- Action → Update Row based on the answer from an email?
Maybe there would be two different workflows? I dont’t know. Any ideas anyone?
Best answer by Troy TessaloneView original