Best answer

Syncing Trello to Monday

• 15 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I am looking to create a Zap that syncs an existing Trello Board / cards with a Monday board.

The information I need from Trello to be reflected in the Monday board would be:
>when a card has new comments
>when a card is moved from one list to another (i have set this up to be a status in the Monday board.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 August 2022, 00:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @its_sj 

Please clarify your question.

FYI: Zaps work while ON for new data going forward.

Have you reviewed the available Zap triggers/actions for each app?

Trello: https://zapier.com/apps/trello/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Monday: https://zapier.com/apps/monday/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @its_sj! Thanks for swinging by and welcome to the Community! 🤗

I wanted to check and see if you were still needing help with this? If so, if you don’t mind elaborating a bit more on the workflow you’re looking to achieve! Sometimes framing it in this context "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app." helps give a clearer vision.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response! 🙂

I have been able to add new cards to the Monday board from Trello

where I’m running into issues are the following:

when a trello card is moved from one list to another, i would like the item to be updated in trello board with the Trello List recorded as a Status in Monday. And / or the item in monday to be moved to the corresponding group to reflect the list change in trello.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya! I wanted to swing by and update this topic with some of the recommendations from the support ticket in case it’s helpful! 

Based on the workflow you described, it sounds like you want to trigger the Zap when a card is added in Trello, or when I card moves to a different list, is that right? I just want to confirm I am understanding correctly because looking at the Zap I see a monday.com trigger is used. 

If the above is correct, I would suggest breaking this into two Zaps: 

Zap A

1. New Card in Trello
  2. Create Item in Monday.com
  3. Update Card in Monday.com (this way you can copy the Monday.com Item ID back to the card and use it as a reference for future syncing) 

Zap B 

1. New Activity in Trello (Card Moved to/from List)
  2. Create Update in Monday.com

Happy Zapping, friends! ⚡️