Best answer

Syncing Mailchimp groups with Salesforce

• 2 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to sync changes from our Mailchimp groups to Salesforce. Specifically, when a subscriber removes him or herself from a group, I want the updated preferences to be reflected in Salesforce. 

I have a group called “Email Preferences” with four options – Newsletter, Events, Tools & Resources, and Offers. The default setting is to receive all categories. Let’s say someone updates their preferences and removes “Offers.” I want to sync that change to their Salesforce profile. 

The Mailchimp trigger “New or Updated Subscriber” seems like it would fire any time a field in Mailchimp is updated, not just when a user updates their own info. I don’t need the Zap triggering when I batch update a list in Mailchimp, or even when new subscribers sign up (since the default is to add to all groups).

I thought to try a Fliter step to only run the Zap when certain fields are updated, but that didn’t seem like an option. 

Any advice on how to achieve the outcome I’m after? Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by jesse 24 December 2020, 20:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! You should just be able to add a filter after the trigger here...But quick question before you do that - Based on your use case, could you not use the “new unsubscriber” trigger?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Andy, 

I don’t think the “new unsubscriber” trigger would work here because these contacts aren’t unsubscribing from the audience. They are still active subscribers, just no longer part of one specific interest group. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @aaron_avl - How did you get on here? Let us know if you managed to solve it (and how) or if you still need help, I can set up a Mailchimp account and have a dig around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @aaron_avl I see you wrote to our support team so I just wanted to follow-up on this thread with the solution/advice that Leah (Zapier Customer Champion) responded with. 

One thought might be to use the New or Updated Subscriber Trigger with a Filter on the Group ID (or lack thereof).

Additionally, taking a look at our internal notes about Mailchimp and this help doc, it seems like Zaps are not designed to trigger on mass imports -- such as via .csv.