Best answer

Syncing Dropbox to Google Drive

• 12 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Would there be an easy way to do a full two way sync between Google drive and Dropbox? All changes in each location synced to the other location. Seems like it might get pretty complicated. 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 15 August 2020, 02:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Can I ask what the use case here is? What would be the value in keeping the systems synced, instead of just choosing one system to use?

Userlevel 1

One reason is that as a business we use G suite, but we have lots of Clients who use Dropbox so having a folder in Google Shared Drives that could sync with Dropbox would make it easier for our employees to navigate our Google Shared Drives ecosystem. The other reason is so that our employees don’t need to install Dropbox on their computers and deal with using multiple apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JWS Thanks for elaborating on the use case. Makes sense, what you’re trying to do. We cover two-way syncing here (https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing) and the dangers of creating Zap Loops here (https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/zap-is-stuck-in-a-loop) that you can check out.

Trying to sync in each direction by using Zapier is going to get quite complex and is honestly not really what Zapier is intended for. If you search online for “sync dropbox and google drive” some services will come up that purport to do what you’re looking for. I can’t speak from experience about the quality of those services.

Userlevel 1

I understand about how complicated it could be. I recently tried cloudHQ, which supposedly syncs between cloud accounts, and there service was terrible. Fortunately, our Synology server has the ability to sync cloud accounts and that is the solution we are moving towards. Thanks for the feedback.