Best answer

Sync custom fields from ClickUp to Google Sheets?

• 18 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys!

hope everyone is having a wonderful day :)

I just have a quick question regarding syncing custom fields form ClickUp to Google Sheets.

I did read some other articles but I wasn't able to find the answer I was looking for unfortunately and I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I have created a custom field called '’sort of project'’ so I can take the next step in automating the salary sheet for my employees.

Zapier is able to read this data, which I can confirm by looking for the tag that is used that indicates the '’sort of project'’

I am however unable to have zap shoot this data to my Google Sheet.

I included a short video so you guys can see what I mean

I hope anyone can help me out!

Have a good weekend guys! 

Video:
https://www.loom.com/share/ce572c931cc842fdb7c3e91d952c7d0b

icon

Best answer by MischaDR99 18 August 2023, 20:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MischaDR99 

Good question.

Here’s how to understand the ClickUp custom fields value.

Within a Custom Field object, there is a field for value, that will show the internal field option ID.

In the example, below it means the Tag custom field has a value of XXX.

Userlevel 1

Hi @MischaDR99 

Good question.

Here’s how to understand the ClickUp custom fields value.

Within a Custom Field object, there is a field for value, that will show the internal field option ID.

In the example, below it means the Tag custom field has a value of XXX.

Hi Troy!

Thank you very much for taking the time to have a look at the situation I'm facing. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again for sharing insights on how to properly read the data. I used VLookup in spreadsheets to accompany the IDs with the project types and am one step closer to automating this process.

Can't thank you enough!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So pleased to see Troy was able to help clarify things for you here, @MischaDR99

How did you get on with the rest of your workflow? Let us know if you’re getting stuck at all - the Community is always here and happy to help! 🙂

Userlevel 1

@SamB Thanks a lot for your reply Sam, really appreciate it! At the moment it all is working fine actually.

There are some things I could optimize but that doesn't outweigh the 5 minutes of daily checking every day.

If I run into anything else I'll be sure to let you guys know. 

Thanks again and have a wonderful day :)