Question

Sync 'completed' tasks between Notion and Google Tasks

• 7 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a zap that creates a specific ‘task’ database item in Notion when I create a task in Google Tasks, but how do I now sync as ‘complete’ if I check one as complete in either app? Otherwise I have to manually check ‘complete’ to both, and make sure I’m checking the related item. I’ve tried both ways - marking as complete from Notion, or marking in Google tasks. I was successfully able to search and update the database item filtered by ‘title’ and ‘date created’ in Notion, but from a static item in Google Tasks. Somehow I need to make the Google Tasks item dynamic (search for the most recently marked ‘complete’ item??), then search for the Notion database matching that title and date created, then update the Notion database item as complete? Does this make sense? Thanks all!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thehiltzbass 

One approach would be to include the Notion Item ID in the GTask (e.g. part of the task title) so you can reference that when the GTask is completed to then update the corresponding Notion Item using the ID.

You may need to add a Formatter > Text > step to parse out the Notion Item ID from the GTask data point.

GTask trigger to use.