Question

Subscription Link to Prompt Card Details

• 24 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to automate the subscription management portion of my business.

For contracts, I’m able to add a row to a Google Sheet, and I can get eSignature.io to send a service agreement to the client via email. This works great.

For payments, I use Stripe. Currently, I ask the client for their card info via phone and manually add each client and set them up on a recurring fixed-cost monthly subscription. This is time consuming and annoying. 

My goal is to eliminate the need to: 1) ask the client their card information via phone 2) EVER log into Stripe to create a new client profile and/or create/update/cancel monthly payment subscriptions.

My current apps are Google Sheets, eSignature.io, and Stripe. I’ve been experimenting with all the triggers/actions between these and I haven’t been able to find a solution to my problem. Thoughts:

• Is there another “action” app I need to add?
    • Is there one that sends an email to the client that prompts payment information, and is able to integrate with Stripe to place them on a monthly subscription?
  • Do I need to upgrade to a paid version of Zapier?
  • Do I need to use webhooks?
  • Do I need to use coding?

If anyone has experience with automated subscription management systems, please share!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ThatOneGuy 

You will need to use a platform or setup your own website to accept subscription orders from customers. For example, you can set up a shopify store with this recurring order feature (https://stripe.com/partners/recurring-orders) where a customer/client can enter their card details and it will continue charging them until they cancel.

Are you 100% sure that is the only option?

It doesn’t seem like this allows me to determine the price for a given client (monthly prices change between clients)… and if I had them decide how much to pay, I would have to follow-up and verify they chose to pay me the correct account.

What about an “action” app? Or a paid version of Zapier? Webhooks?