Best answer

Submitting Typeform with a file to create a profile with files in Affinity, not uploading files when testing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I am trying to create a Zap where people make a submition in Typeform with a file and it will create a person and a file in Affinity.

We have another Zap that is similar to this one, but the one we are creating now is not uploading files in the test.

Is it related to the Typeform, if is not online yet, will it be able to test?

icon

Best answer by Aaron1515 16 June 2022, 19:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michael_CalmStorm 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

Try updating to the newer version of the Typeform Zap app.

Can you post screenshots with how this Zap step is configured?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

Try changing this to auto as per the Field description.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for the response.

I have some doubts: Which version of typeform? Should we create the form in a newer version of Typeform or just select the app in Zapier? 

We selected the 1.0.14. Which is the newest?

I alter the Mimetype to auto, as requested, and it still didn’t work.

Best,

Mary

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

The newest versions of Zap apps don’t show the version number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

Check your AWS S3 settings to make sure they are configured the same as the other S3 bucket that is working successfully in the other Zap you mentioned is working.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The AWS S3 settings are exactly like in the Zap that works.

This last step is suppose to insert a file in the person’s page in Affinity.

The test is running now, but the file is not being uploaded in Affinity. 

Is there something else I can do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Michael_CalmStorm 

Try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for additional troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Michael_CalmStorm! I see you wrote into our support team about this and they responded and said:

I took a look at your Zap and it appears you were able to test step 7 successfully:

55f9d6498a7746122f7ef06ba1411fbb.png
(view larger)

Can you confirm this is working as intended? To be clear, I'm not super familiar with Amazon S3/Affinity as a platform so I'll have to rely a bit on your expertise here. Can you tell me a bit more about how the file is to be attached to the person in Affinity? Is there a specific Zap step this is happening (or supposed to happen) in?

Following up on your ticket with them is going to be the best way to get this one resolved. Keep us posted with how things go!

Userlevel 1

To upload a file to Affinity, you would need to use “Code by Zapier” and pick the Python option.

There are 3 things need, you API key, organization id, and the file URL. Since you are using Typeform, you would also need to make sure your settings for file download it set to, anyone with the link to download the file.

For the code section, use the code attached below. If you are uploading the file to a person profile then the code will need to be uploaded.

Reach out to me if you have any additional questions at support@affinity.co, cheers!

# Download the file / hydrate the file
f_downloaded = requests.get(input_data['file_url'])

# Get the full url of the file
url = input_data['file_url']

# Get the file name
filename = url[url.rfind("/")+1:]
filename_small = filename.replace(".", "_small.")

# Post request to upload the file
response = requests.post('https://api.affinity.co/entity-files', auth=('',input_data['api_key']), params=({'organization_id': input_data['org_id']}), files={'file': (filename_small, f_downloaded.content, f_downloaded.headers['content-type'])})
print(response.json())

# Output the response
output = [{'download status': f_downloaded.status_code, 'upload status': response.status_code, 'file name': filename_small}]