Best answer

Stripe trigger when payment is "pending," not just complete

• 30 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there. I’m trying to simply pull Stripe transactions into Google Sheets, but I’ve run into a problem where I can’t find the right trigger that will allow me to pull all transactions, regardless of status, rather than simply “completed” transactions, into the sheet. We have ACH payments that stay in the “pending” stage for five days; I don’t want them to be left out of our automation until they’re complete, I need them to show up right away regardless of status. 

Is there a way to correct? These are coming in directly from a donation page, so there is no “invoice” for these types of transactions. Not sure what other trigger option would work / how to customize the payment trigger.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 November 2022, 16:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@nplusone thank you for posting in the community! 

Which trigger are you currently using?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. Currently using “New Payment,” as there doesn’t seem to be a closer option available. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks, @nplusone.

I believe these should trigger even for pending payments, but I can’t say 100%.

Are these new customers or repeat? If they’re new, perhaps it would make sense to set the trigger to New Customer? 

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately it doesn’t look it triggers pending payments, after testing an ACH transaction. It triggers them once they clear in five or so days. 

They’re a mix of both repeat and new customers, so that wouldn’t work to pull the charge data, either, unfortunately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nplusone!

It sounds like the existing Stripe triggers don’t do what you need them to do. I can’t see whether or not there’s an existing feature request that would cover what you need, as it depends on how Stripe communicates different payment events. Could you please get in touch with the Zapier Support team (using the Get Help form) as they will be able to dig into this and create a feature request for you. Thanks!