Best answer

Stripe to Quickbooks

• 26 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Is it possible to create a Zap that takes a Stripe transaction and then creates a payment in an existing Quickbooks client?

I can only seem to setup the zap for one specific client or new client. 

This Zap would need to do a client lookup, from the Stripe Transaction Client Information,  before creating the payment in Quickbooks. 

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 April 2020, 18:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Empower thanks for your question and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

Yes, you can absolutely set up a Zap to do this! It would look a little like this:

1. Trigger - Stripe New Charge
  2. QuickBooks - Find Client (you can use the email address from the Stripe step
  3. QuickBooks - Create Payment (you’ll use the ID of the client from the previous step as a custom value to tell QuickBooks who to add the payment to)

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

Cool thanks! 

I am trying to do something similar but when I go to set up the “Create Payment” and test it, it gives me this error

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @acm!

Based on your screenshot, it looks like the expected value for that field was a number (likely the Customer ID) but you’ve added a name there instead. If you were doing something like creating (or finding) a customer, and then trying to use that customer for the payment, then you would use a custom value and map the ID that you get from the Create/Find Customer step.

Does that sound like your workflow, and if so does my explanation help at all?