Best answer

Stripe/Salesforce/Delay Action - Do I Need to Query the Record Again for Updated Data?

• 9 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello again, 

TLDR: If a record trigger a Zap and the first Action is Delay, do I need to query the record again to get the updated data I expect during this Delay? 

Long Context/Problem: I currently have a Zap between Stripe and Salesforce. This Zap updates Lead Records in Salesforce depending on the outcome of a Trialing Stripe Subscription. If the Subscription goes to Active, I am converting my Lead. If the Subscription goes to Canceled, I am moving the Lead to a Nurture Status. 

Here’s the problem:

I just found out that a Trialing Subscription would go to Active briefly, to then go to Canceled. It does not directly go to Canceled for some reason. As a result, Subscription that are Canceled in Stripe are Converted Leads in Salesforce, instead of being Nurtured. 

As a short/easy fix, I thought I would add a Delay Action right after my Trigger, let’s say 5mins so that I let Stripe do its thing. Then I would check for the Stripe Status before updating Salesforce. 

What I need to know is if I need to query the record again after the delay, so I can get the updated Stripe data? My initial triggering record say that Status is Active. I expect the Status to be Canceled after the Delay. 

Hope I am making sense, thanks for the help in advance!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 9 December 2022, 12:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Guillaume Racine!

Yes, you will need to query the record again to get the most up to date information. 

The delay action will use the information that’s already in the Zap and basically ‘pauses’ the Zap before the next steps run. To get the current state of the subscription, you’ll need to use the Salesforce Find Record after the delay step to get the status of the subscription after the delay. 

​I hope that's clear, please let me know us you have any questions!