Question

Stripe Payment Description not appearing in Zapier

• 5 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I looked at other postings but did not find the solution I was looking for.

Zapier needs to obtain the Product Name or Description from the Strip purchase. I am using a Stripe Payment Link -- I need to use Payment Link in order to utilize the promo code feature.

I have various Products in Stripe, so getting the correct one in Zapier to trigger a series of emails, etc. is important.

I am using actually data to test in Zapier. The Stripe purchase contains the Description, but this field is blank when looking at the actual data in Zapier.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @juliepe 

Good question.

Can you Filter on the Stripe Payment Link ID if that’s returned as a data points for the Stripe Zap trigger?

Thanks for answering. The Payment Link ID is unique to each purchase. So I would have many IDs to one program. What I need is the description of that program that many people are buying. This will then generate actions in zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@juliepe 

You can try using one of these Zap actions to see if the returned data payload includes the desired Description data points, otherwise you’ll likely have to use the Stripe API to lookup the Payment Link to get the description.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhook app as an action step.

I appreciate your help -- this is now beyond my comprehension. I’ll reach out to Stripe support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@juliepe 

If you need help consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @juliepe

I just wanted to double-check I’m understanding the issue correctly here. Is it that you’re using the New Payment trigger for Stripe and the product description appears when testing while the Zap is turned off. But there’s no product description coming through when the Zap is turned on and runs live? 

Asking as I did some checking on this end and I found a bug report that you might be, affected by here. You may want to get in touch with our Support team to see whether that’s the case. Please do let us know how you get on here!