Best answer

Stripe -> Mailchimp

• 26 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, I'm new to Zapier and I have a question. I created a zap to automatically send a new client from Stripe on Mailchimp. All the data are up in my zap, on both Stripe and Mailchimp sides, and the test is conclusive (the client's email is up on Mailchimp in the test phase). So I activated the zap. The problem is that from now on, when I create a new client in Stripe, it doesn't automatically go back to Mailchimp, even though zap is enabled. It's only when I launch the zap manually that the data comes up well. How can I make it go up instantaneously without manual intervention on my part? 

Thank you in advance for your response.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 26 January 2020, 15:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Astier

Welcome to the community!

There could be several problems here. First, can you go to the "History" tab. Are you seeing anything in there? Please send us a screenshot if you are.

Userlevel 3

Hello @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu and thank you for your answer !

Capture d’écran 2020-01-26 à 14.20.12.pngCapture d’écran 2020-01-26 à 14.21.49.pngHere are the screenshots of the task history. However, all the tasks listed here correspond to my manual interventions. No automation is reported here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Astier

When you say "manual intervention" what do you mean exactly?

If you mean you tested the step in the editor, then those tests never show up on the History page.

Userlevel 3

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu

Capture d’écran 2020-01-26 à 14.36.19.pngWhen I talk about manual interventions I rather refer to the "run" (I enclose the screenshot). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Essentially, if the run button is working, then your zap is working.

How long are you waiting after a customer is created on Stripe to check in Mailchimp? If you're on the Starter plan, for example, Zapier only checks Stripe for new customers every 15mins... so you'll see some delay. It's not instant.

Userlevel 3

Okay I thought it was instantaneous, I wasn't aware of the various plans. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No worries @Astier

Some apps do have instant triggers - and you'll see those marked on the app pages as "INSTANT".

Here is some more information on trigger types:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-trigger