Best answer

Stripe Failed Charge Sample Data

• 13 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Trying to set up a zap to cancel access to an online course when a customer fails their subscription renewal.

I need a way to create a “failed charge” to use to set up the rest of the workflow.
Has anyone found a way to do this other than literally waiting until someone fails a charge?

Stripe API support doesn’t seem to know of a way, just figured I’d ask in here as well.

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 13 May 2020, 18:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert_Segelquist - When an automatic payment on a subscription fails, Stripe will send a charge.failed event. So, you could set up the zap trigger like the following:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yessir, but when I’ve done that, I need to be able to find test data.

There’s no failed charges existing on this account, so I need to create one somehow; just wondering if there’s a better way than just stalling until there is actually a failed payment to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert_Segelquist - Yeah I think I understand what you mean. You could achieve that by creating a charge using this test credit card number: 4000 0082 6000 3178

All payments using this credit card number will be declined due to insufficient funds.