Question

Stripe causing subsequnt zaps to execute before payment has been confirmed

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there, 

So I run a personal training/online coaching business where payments are executed through stripe. Essentially this is the flow I want to have happen 

Stripe payment → set up on my app → send welcome email → etc etc. 

The zap works as intended however, in testing, the zaps all executed before I had confirmed payment on my end. Which theoretically means someone could input payment details, not carry out the two factor authentication, and still recieve welcome emails, workout plans etc. How do I make the zaps wait untill the two factor authentication has executed fully?

Kind regards, 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @iversinspire , and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like what may help your Zaps run as intended would be adding a Delay step. I’ve included some more info for you on how to set up a delay here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-delays-to-zaps

Another possible solution would be setting up a Filter step, and you can find more info about doing that here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

Let me know if either of these gets you on the right path, or if you have any other questions. 

Best,

Rachael

Hi Rachel, 

Would a delay step not create the same issue just with a longer time in betwee the potentially non-completed payment and the eventual sending of materials? 

A filter might work but I am not sure what I would be filtering for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @iversinspire ! Would love to learn more about how you’re using Zapier in your coaching business!

It sounds like you’ll need to use the Stripe New Payment Trigger here. This will ensure the Zap only runs when a new payment is submitted. ⚡

Let us know if that does the trick or if you have any additional questions!

Liz