Best answer

Stripe Cancelled to Active

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m looking to create a zap that recognizes when a stripe subscriber moves from a cancelled to active state.

This is so that I can show them as an active customer in activecampaign - for new customers I can use the “new subscription” status, but when someone was previously cancelled it does not register as new. 

How can I create a zap that only fires only when someone changes from cancelled to active?

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 March 2023, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @LauraWil 

You should be able to trigger that using Updated Subscription trigger. While I’m not 100% sure on that but it seems like that’s the option to use.

If this doesn’t work, you have to setup a zap with Webhook by Zapier and active a webhook in Stripe using API. There is a webhook for subscription resumed:  https://stripe.com/docs/api/webhook_endpoints/create

Thanks Rob! It definitely involves updated subscription but the part I can’t figure out is how to trigger ONLY on the change from cancel to active, any insight on that part?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @LauraWil! 👋

To determine whether the subscription was previously cancelled you’d need to see the information stored in the “previous_attributes” field. I did some checking and it seems we’ve got a feature request open for that field to be added to the Updated Subscription trigger so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. 

I can’t make any promises at to when that previous_attributes field would be added but we’ll notify you by email the minute it is! 

In the meantime, it looks like the only way to access that previous_attributes field would be by using a webhook as per Rob’s suggestion.