Best answer

Straightforward way to duplicating a Trello card with Zapier

• 14 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Good morning to the community,

I am searching a Straightforward way to duplicating a Trello card with Zapier.

I saw topics here ending up creating cards like this one :

but simply duplicating a card seems to lack.

Is there an efficient workaround to do this job ?

Thank you for any replies.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 February 2022, 16:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapGil 

Look into using the Trello Butler Power-Up instead: https://help.trello.com/article/1198-an-intro-to-butler

Hi Troy,

I already use Butler for this purpose but i was in quest of smtgh inside zapier to fit in a zap.

Having an automation spread over two tools ‘seems’ less robust, and may be harder to troubleshoot.

Never mind, thank you anyway.

Since i don’t want to spread over 2 automation tools, i pursue in the zapier way !

So i map ‘fields’ of a created card with ones of a preceding step.

This is hardworking to achieve, it works, but coming down to checklists, i am stucked.

The only things available are the : Card ID Checklists:6213829445b66a3…243de1c9254bae8, but if you map these you end up with those ID in the checklist title of the created card, but not the original checklists.

Can you see what i mean and is there a workaround ?

You’re gonna tell me just input the real names of checklists you want to duplicate. but on the workflow before this zap, checklists content was updated and you then get ‘default’ checklists content in created cards.

I have a lot of cards in this workflow, all of them wearing updated checklists. And the aim of the zap is to create a perfect duplicate of the card. Not one with ‘defaults’.