Question

Stop Tasks with Zap

• 20 January 2021
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey,

is there a way that i can stop a specific task (not over the website of zapier).

I have the idea if the zap is running there i get the task ID and send it to my system.
And if i want to stop this Task over my system then i send a hook or something with the specific taks ID to stop this specific task and not disable the complete zap.

I know i can do it manuell on the zapier website to stop the task, but i dont wanna go there, it should be working from our managment system. :)

Example:
Send Hook from System → Zapier → Mail 1. → Mail 2. →….
Want to stop after Mail 1. for one specific Customer (over the Task ID)

Hope there is a solution for this “problem”

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @mickelsr,

thank you for your question.

Maybe the Zapier Filter can do the job for you? Basically, you would just add a filter step and do not let the Zap continue for users with certain IDs or Emails.

Hey @Ennes,

sry but that doesnt work. becaus i send the data at the beginning with the hook. And i can`t change or advance the data from this specifik Task. That means the filter cant work for this.

We send a customer a mail and there are some processes afterwards (reminder, etc)

But if the case from the costermer is “closed” at the moment the only thing i can do is go to Task History and stop that manuell.

The easist way would be to stop the task over a zap that starts with a webhook.

I hope now it`s a bit clearer.​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @mickelsr 

Maybe you could use a Zapier Approval. You can add this as a step in the process before the rest runs. You could get it to send you an email and then go to the site to approve/decline this will allow you to control if the process completes. 

Does that help?

Jason

Hey @Currently Jason,

that would be an option :)

But i would prefer the option that i can cancell a task over a hook/zap. That would be really nice :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Currently Jason,

that would be an option :)

But i would prefer the option that i can cancell a task over a hook/zap. That would be really nice :)

It would indeed be nice. I’ll follow with interest :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@mickelsr maybe this integration that @ikbelkirasan recently build could help?