Best answer

Start Stripe Subscription On Specified Date

• 14 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I have created an automation in ActiveCampaign where is sends out a renewal email 1 month prior to the contact’s membership ending. The email includes links to the payment page in Stripe.

I would like to find a way to tell Stripe to only take payment on the renewal date (which is in their ActiveCampaign profile) and not take the payment if they pay before the renewal date.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 March 2022, 11:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sublime Trading 

Can you please clarify how this has to do with your Zap configuration?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone just trying to see if there’s a zap that can tell Stripe to start a subscription based on a date in an ActiveCampaign contact profile. Hope that helps to clarify this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sublime Trading 

For the Zap action Stripe Create Subscription, these are the available fields.

Date is not an available field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sublime Trading 

Per the Stripe API for the Create Subscription endpoint, there seems to only be 1 field related to the start date and that’s to backdate: https://stripe.com/docs/api/subscriptions/create

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Sublime Trading!

I’ve been doing some digging and found that there’s an existing feature request open for the ability to specify a start date when creating subscriptions in Stripe. I can’t make any promises for when this will be implemented but I’ve added your vote for this.

We’ll send you a notification by email as soon as it’s available. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB oh that’s great, thanks for checking and letting me know. Hopefully they implement this soon as this is a useful feature for us.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone thanks I’ll look into this further but based on what you’ve sent, is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sublime Trading 

From what I can tell Stripe Subscriptions can be backdated or set to start the current date, but not on a future date.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone ok thanks for clarifying.