Skip to main content
Question

Stan Store to Flodesk issue: Zaps isn't working after publishing

• 20 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey Zapier Community,

I’m working on streamlining an 8-step onboarding process, and I need some advice on reducing the number of zaps we’re using. Here’s a quick rundown of our current setup:

1. Sign up with email and password

2. Name

3. Title + Company

4. LinkedIn

5. Bio

6. Connection type

7. Industries

8. Skills

Step 1 is an account sign-up block, and steps 2-8 are individual forms. When a user completes each form and clicks submit (which we call Continue), the data is sent to Google Sheets via Zapier.

Currently, each of steps 2-8 has its own individual zap. This means if 100 people sign up, it uses 700 zaps.

I’ve considered creating a multi-step zap with delays in between each zap, but the problem is that the user could take a long time onboarding and miss the delay, or they could skip the question or come back to it later, so it would take them out of the Zapier flow. I need a way for the information to go to the Google Sheet whenever information is submitted and a webhook picks it up. Individual zaps allow me to do this, but like I said, I am trying to reduce the zap count to keep my costs down (this really adds up).

Any suggestions on how to set this up in Zapier?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jbrueck 

Clarification about how Task usage is counted in Zap Runs:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496196837261-How-is-usage-measured-in-Zapier

Best would be to have 1 form.

Next best would be to have 2 forms:

• Form 1: Step 1
  • Form 2: Steps 2-8
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jbrueck 

A different approach would be to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Automations.

Airtable Automations can be triggered by a Webhook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jbrueck,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.