Best answer

square online order # missing

• 31 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to create a new zap that pulls new order info into Trello - unfortunately it doesn’t populate the square online order number. It gives a long alphanumerical ID but that isn’t the official order number. How can we get that to be available? Also, order status options are open, complete, cancelled, but there are several order statuses in square.  Im trying to import order info but only need the Order #.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 November 2022, 12:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Raewien 

You need to map the correct order number field then in your zap. Please share screenshots of your current zap so we can help you better. 

For example, what is your trigger?

So I chose New Order and then it will only let me choose 3 statuses. I tried a custom status as Pending and it pulls nothing up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When you choose Custom you will have 2 options:

1. choose something from the previous step (making this field dynamic depending on a value from the step before
  2. Type whatever status you want making this field static, always giving the same value

So this is the error I get when I choose Custom and type Pending. From my previous photos, you can see that there are more than one order statuses with Square Online. It almost feels like the Square integration is for invoices instead. So then I choose the other available options and it still doesn’t populate the correct online orders, only my invoices, or orders that are “complete” with shipping info. 
what I’d like to do is create a zap when a new online order comes through Square Online/Weebly, have it pull that order to Trello creating a new card using the Order # as the title of that card. When I couldn’t get that to work, I tried to import new orders to sheets or excel, but then it doesn’t have an order # from the square transaction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Raewien 

Now this makes more sense. 

Square is the Trigger, so it is asking you which New Order do you want, i.e.: should it be an Open / Closed / Cancelled order. Those are the statuses you have in your Square account. So, Im guessing a new Order would be an Open Order? 

After this step, you should click on Test Trigger, it should pull 3 test samples (sometimes only 1) and it would have the required data including the Order ID or #

IF you are looking to use this Order ID later, then you need the alphanumerical ID and not just the number. 

Those aren’t Square “New Order” statuses. My very first screenshot shows which statuses are available in Square. Pending would be the new orders that are waiting to be fulfilled. If I filtered my orders in square by “open” nothing populates. If I filter by “complete” ALL transactions, pending or shipped populate. Something isn’t correctly lining up, Zapier isn’t formatted for Square Online. It’s for Square Invoices which are two different systems. Square e-commerce (formally Weebly) is now called Square Online. How can I request integration for Square Online?

Also, the data that populates from orders selected does not contain order numbers. It shows an alphanumeric number, but that is like a behind the scenes transaction number, it is not the same as the order #. 

I feel like maybe Zapier isn’t the solution I need to automate my Square Online account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Raewien!

I’m sorry that the Square Zapier integration doesn’t have the information that you need. It sounds like there’s a few things that need looking at and in this case I think that the Zapier support team is in the best place to do that. Could I ask you to please contact the support team using the Get Help form? You could include a link to this post and/or explain the information that’s missing from the actions that you need. 

Sorry that I don’t have better news for you today!