Best answer

SQL Server New Row (Custom Query) Only Finds Records When Testing

• 13 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to set up a zap that will update new rows found in my SQL table to our Shopify store. Although the zap works perfectly when testing, it doesn’t find any rows when I run it.

It is currently set to use a custom query:

which does return results in testing:

but does not return results in production run:

Any ideas as to what would be going on here? The ‘We couldn’t find any new items’ message appears after about 30 seconds which is query timeout (according to Zapier documentation). However, when ran in test it literally takes maybe 3 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 February 2021, 10:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bcarp88 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @bcarp88!

Thanks for your post, I have a feeling that I know what’s going on here. 

Your screenshot shows that you’re using the manual ‘Run Zap’ option. If you’ve only just turned on your Zap then it won't find any new rows as it creates a record of all the existing rows when you turn it on. If you’d like to check that your Zap is working, add a new row that matches the query and wait - the amount of time will depend on your Zap update time (between 1-15 minutes). If the Zap doesn’t pick up the new row after that, then the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Zapier support team using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help