Best answer

Splitting Merged Multiple Select Fields when connecting Hubspot to Airtable

• 25 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to set up a Zap to split multiple select fields.

I have a Zap set up to create a record Airtable when a person reaches a specific deal stage in Hubspot. The problem is that all the multiple select fields from the deal are coming over merged together. This is making it difficult to search Airtable records accurately and creating a need for lots of manual data cleaning to split each of the options.

Tried using the formatting tool on Zapier to split the options into single line fields before the Airtable record is created but am a bit stuck on the correct way to set it up! Any help is appreciated!

Below is the process i’ve been trying to set up, but have had no success so far.

icon

Best answer by Rramirue 25 August 2021, 21:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rramirue 

Airtable expects options for a multiselect field to be comma delimited.

Try replacing the “;” delimiter with a comma “,” using the Formatter > Text > Replace action step.

Worked it out!

Including my solution for future reference:

Used the “Replace” feature to switch out the semi-colon ( ; ) that was causing the multiple select fields to be merged with a comma.

I then went to the 3rd step (creating a record in Airtable) and added in the data from the previous formatting step. 

I created steps to format the three categories with multiple select fields and linked them to their respective categories in the final step (creating an airtable record).