Best answer

Something odd with Google Calendar app

• 25 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello 

I want to create a Zap that will update a google calendar event when a customer paid an invoice (essentially to change the summery to include the word Paid)

To make this post short ….

I used the find event to locate the event I wish to change - All good

Than i used another stage - Update event and use the found event as the search key 

The error message I get is “The app returned "Not Found".

How can the find event be successful and the subsequent update fail due to not finding the SAME event

(by the way the reason I added the find event stage was just as QC stage to see that the correct event was being found) 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 March 2021, 17:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crelis 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

TIP: Best practice is to use the GCal Event ID as that will always be unique.

Also make sure to check these available help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/help

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The successful find step

The error stage (this gives the same error even is I copy the exact search terms from the previous stage

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@crelis 

For the GCal Update Event, this should use the Event ID from the previous step: GCal Find Event.

Not sure if this helps, but also check out the help description below the field.

Find Event action isn't finding my event

Google Calendar may not find an event if the name or description contains an underscore _.
When trying to find an event that contains an underscore, the Search Term field will only work if it's an exact match, or uses one of the other terms in the title or description field.

Example

If your event is called "Meeting with zapier_team", the Zap will find it with the following terms:

• meeting
  • zapier_team

It won't find the event if the search terms are "zapier" or "team".

If you still need assistance, it may be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Will try, thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Works! thanks so much